Friday, April 17, 2015

Five for Friday

Today I'm linking up with Doodle Bugs Teaching to share what's been going on with our week! 

fiveforfriday2_thumb[3]




 image

We sent home the ABC Countdown letters this week to prepare for our activities in the last few weeks of school! I've already received so many letters back and I can't wait to start and see how much the kids enjoy each of our activities! It's definitely going to be a blast!  

https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/ABC-Countdown-to-Summer-1814159
{click image to download}


image


The kids finally completed all of our plant artwork and writing pieces! Here's one example of how they turned out! I can't wait to hang them in the hallway. The kids had so much fun creating art in the style of Eric Carle and this will definitely be an activity I keep for the future. 





image


Our school had Career day on Wednesday and let me tell you our guidance counselors really put together a great event! All different businesses within our community parked along the field and talked to the students about their jobs and why they are important in the community. My kids loved climbing inside the tractors, police cars, and looking closely at the firetrucks and asking all kinds of questions! 



 image



We are headed to the annual Strawberry festival this weekend! Charleston always has something fun and exciting going on during the weekend and we love going to the different festivals throughout the year. One of my favorite things to do in the Spring with my kids is going strawberry picking. The boys try to see who can find the biggest berries and we always come home with a giant bucket full of sweet strawberries!


http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Store/Time-Saving-Tools
image from Time Saving Tools



 image


This little guy started soccer this week and he is absolutely having a blast. For the past 2 years he has played t-ball but wanted to mix it up this year and play soccer. I think he's found a passion because I've never seen him more excited about going to practice! He's had 2 games so far and he's getting better every time. Next year, little brother can get in on the action too. Man will we be busy with 2 kids in sports after school! 





That's what's been going on in my life this week! What have you been up to?


2 comments:

  1. Your plant writing and art idea is so great! I hope you have fun at the Charleston Strawberry Festival!

    I love your blog and have nominated you for the Liebster Award!

    Neat Sweet & Hard to Beat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for stopping by and for the nomination!! Check back soon for another post :)

      Delete