Monday, April 27, 2015

Liebster Award!

I am happy to announce that I have been nominated for a Liebster Award by Jackie  at Neat Sweet & Hard to Beat! Thank you so much for your nomination! I really appreciate it!! <3





If you haven't heard about the Liebster Award, it is awarded to blogs with growing audiences. It is also to acknowledge up and coming blogs and share them with the rest of our blogging community! 

So what exactly is a Liebster? Liebster is a German word and means sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, pleasant, valued, and endearing. I am so honored to receive this award in the beginning stages of my blog!

To accept this award I need to answer 11 questions. So it's Q&A TIME! 

1.  Why and how long ago did you start blogging?
I started my blog a little over two weeks ago! I started to connect with other teachers and hopefully share and gain new ideas to keep my classroom experiences fresh and engaging :)

2.  What one word sums up the heart of your blog and why?
Authentic. I want my blog to evolve into a place where I share my real life experiences and struggles in the classroom as I grow as a teacher. Just like the activities I try to plan for my kiddos, I want my blog to be real and meaningful and for others to be able to relate to it.

3.  Is there something you learned late in your blogging journey you wished you knew before?
I feel like I'm so new to the blogging world that I am still soaking up every bit of knowledge that I can!

4.  What is your favorite pastime other than blogging?
I love spending time with family and friends, running, and finding new projects to try out on pinterest.

5.  How many hours per week do you dedicate to your blog/TPT?
I feel like it is definitely not enough! My goal as the school year is winding to a close is to really amp up my blog time and creating more activities to post in my TPT store. Once the kiddos go to bed I'm at the computer creating away. I'm hoping to establish a routine that will help me balance it all a little easier :) Any tips are appreciated!!

6.  What category of blog posts do you enjoy the most?
I love all teaching related blog posts but I really enjoy posts when they reveal a little of the blogger's time outside of the classroom. I love being able to relate to other bloggers through their experiences.

7.  Where does your blog inspiration come from?
My inspiration comes my own classroom and the activities we do. I also have to give a special shout out to some wonderful coworkers of mine. They have been so supportive of me beginning this journey and have just inspired me to push on and see where this road takes me!

8.  Which post that you've written are you most proud of?
I think I'm most proud of my very first post after we finished Spring Break. I very much enjoyed creating our parts of a plant model using the techniques of Eric Carle and the kids just had an absolute blast. Seeing the look on their faces when we first started creating the painted papers to use for our plant just reminded me about the special magic in a child's eyes. Also, I love the little meme I posted in the beginning. Every time I see that picture I have about 5 or 6 kids that immediately pop into my head and it makes me giggle!! :)

9.  Is there any post you have been planning to do, but have been postponing it for a while now?
I have been anxiously awaiting the start of our ABC countdown to the last 26 days of school (starting Wednesday, I can't believe it, woop woop!!!). I'm so excited to see what the kids think about the activities we have planned for them and hope to end their year in first grade on a great note!

10.  What is your favorite aspect of blogging?
My favorite aspect of blogging is learning from others!! I feel like our most valuable resource is each other and the ideas we all bring to the table. I love reading new blog posts from some of my favorite bloggers and taking things back to use in my own classroom.


11.  Which idea from a blog would you like to try yourself?
We are reviewing a unit on double digit addition with regrouping and subtracting tens and I am definitely going to print out this I have Who Has game from Katie King at Queen of the First Grade Jungle for my students to use while I pull small groups! I'm also interested in reading the book Worksheets Don't Grow Dendrites over the summer. I love fun and engaging lessons and definitely want to read about some new ideas to take with me into next school year!

Now it's time to get to know some more bloggers!

I now nominate these fantastic teachers for the Liebster Award:

1. Mindy at Mrs. Thomas' Teachable Moments
2. Sandra at Mrs. Naufal's Nook
3. The Whimsical teacher
4. Amy  at  Blossoms of Blue, Life in Grade 2
5. Lindsey at Teacher+Mother+Wife= Life


The rules for receiving this award are to:

1. Link back to the blog that nominated you.
2. Answer the 11 questions posted by the nominator. 
3. Nominated 5-11 people (blogs with less that 200 followers) and link them in your post.
4. Contact the nominees and let them know that they have been nominated on your blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment