Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Tell all Tuesday

I'm linking up with My Day in K and Teach, Talk, Inspire today in their weekly summer linky party called "Tell all Tuesday" in order to get to know some other bloggers since I'm so new in this blogging world! What a great idea to get to know and connect with fellow teachers and bloggers! 


The first topic in this weekly linky party is two truths and a lie! Guess and see which fact about me is a lie and I'll come back in 3 days and tell you which one it was!


Two Truths and a Lie: All About Me




  
I landed my first teaching job fresh out of college and was hired on the spot to teach first grade. I've only taught first grade in my career and really love this grade/age level of kids. I absolutely love teaching kids how to read and seeing that little light bulb click when they go from reading basic sight words to chapter books is the most rewarding feeling! I'm definitely open to teaching other grades, but for now, first grade is where my heart is!
  
I'm a born and raised Lowcountry girl! I love everything about living in South Carolina- from the beaches, cobblestone streets of downtown, the sweet tea, and that Southern charm. I've never lived outside of the SC Lowcountry area and I couldn't think of a better place to live and raise my family!

I'm deathly afraid of bees, wasps, and all other flying and stinging creatures. I'm not really sure where it all started but for as long as I can remember I can't stand anything that flies, buzzes, and stings and have actually injured myself more than a sting would by trying to run away, haha!!  

Now it is your turn to try to guess my Two Truths and a Lie.  Write your thoughts in the comment section and I will share the answer in three days.

7 comments:

  1. Oh gosh! This is tough. I think maybe it's #2. Maybe that's just your favorite place to vacation!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm saying number 1 just because no one else has yet!! I think you've taught kindergarten before!!
    Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  3. All yours sound really good. I totally believe #3, because that is totally me. So I guess I am going with #2. Maybe you moved for a while when you were in college?? Can't wait to find out the truth.

    ~Laura
    Luv My Kinders

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for taking the time to link up with us. I think number 1 is the fib, I feel as though maybe there is a story and you have taught another grade level?!

    ReplyDelete