Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Work it Wednesday: Week 2

I'm back with another post in the Work it Wednesday linky party hosted by Katie from Queen of the First Grade Jungle!

http://queenofthefirstgradejungle.blogspot.com/2015/06/work-it-wednesday-week-2.html 

I'll be honest with you- last week I was doing really well with my goals that I posted in my last post. I jogged Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday and really watched my water and food intake. I was a part of a dear friend's wedding this weekend and I did indulge in some yummy cake and some adult beverages that did not go with my get fit plan. 


I'm back at it this week now that we're home and back to our regular busy schedule! I went to Target today and bought a new water bottle that I can fit in my car cup holder because my other bottles are too wide. Now there are no excuses to not having water with me at all times!! I also prepped out healthy snacks in containers to keep in the fridge after I went grocery shopping. Hopefully this will keep me on track so when we're on the go I can grab something fast and healthy for myself so I don't get caught in a hangry situation!


We also braved this 100 degree weather and went for a bike ride/jog in the late afternoon after the sun cooled off just a little. It was just the little afternoon pick me up that we needed to get our engery back after a busy day of errands and karate camp! 


After we were finished, the only natural way to cool off is with the sprinklers so the boys played for a while as I was prepping dinner.


 I made one of my *favorite* summer salads! I tweak the recipe a little bit but, this Southwestern Chicken Salad REALLY hits the spot. It's super filling plus it makes a lot so I have leftovers for lunch or dinner for the next couple days! 


I'll be back next week with hopefully some  exciting results and *maybe* if I get brave enough I'll post a before picture so you guys can help me be accountable with progress pictures along the way!!

6 comments:

  1. YUM! That salad looks so good! Weddings are special! You should indulge every now and then!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had leftovers for lunch today, it is almost even better the next day!! I agree, every once and a while indulgences are OK!!

      Delete
  2. oh Jessica! I love reading your post! I am so glad you had a good time at your wedding! I hope you can come brave the heat and we can walk with our kids through Palmetto Park some time. What do you think?!?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That salad looks delicious! hope you had fun at the wedding- remember, it's all about balance!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!! We had a blast- special occasions always call for a *little* indulgence!

      Delete