Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Work it Wednesday Linky!

I'm linking up with Katie from Queen of the First Grade Jungle in a Work it Wednesday post!


If you're looking for a teaching related post, stop right here because this post has nothing to do with teaching! This is a hard post for my to put out there, but one that I think is really important for me to write. One of my personal goals this summer is to find my routine and balance with healthy eating and exercising again. 

Six months after this sweet thing was born, I realized that I needed to make a major change with my body. My baby weight was not melting off like it was with my first little guy and I knew I had to do something about it!
Would you look at those cheeks!! Hard to believe this was almost 4 years ago!!



That's when my hubby and I decided to give P90X a try. It was really a challenge for us at first with a 6 month old and a 3 year old to chase after. I wasn't teaching at the time and only subbing part time a handful of times a month so I would make time during the day while the boys napped and eventually it became a routine. After we completed the 3 months, I picked up running and fell in love! I ran in many 5Ks and one 10K. It took a lot of work and discipline, but I managed to get into the best shape of my life weighing less than I did in high school and feeling stronger than ever!


Fast forward to the fall and I landed my first full time teaching job after having kids! I was so excited and knew that I'd be able to have it all and have time for everything I always used to do. My oldest was starting 4K too at a school that was 45 minutes away from where I'd be working. At first, I maintained my work out schedule, but as the school year really took off things started to get crazy and hectic and I would make excuses. I was constantly busy with meetings at work, waking up before dawn and sometimes getting home after dark, running around with after school activities with my boys and I felt like I was never really getting to focus on me! 

Now that I've been back full time for 2 years, I feel like I'm more comfortable in my working mom role and can really start focusing on myself again! I've let it go way too long and even though I've gained back weight with holidays, too many yummy treats at school, and not making the time to exercise, I know that I've done it once, I CAN and WILL do it again! I'm almost done with my first round of the 21 day fix and I've started running again now that school is out for summer. I'm writing out these goals to keep myself accountable and so that when school starts back in August, I have a plan in place so I can keep up the hard work. 


{1} Drink more WATER! I don't do so well with this during the school year and not having the freedom to use the restroom, but I will make sure I get that gallon in every day this summer!
{2} Be active EVERY day. Whether it's a walk with my kids, a jog by myself, or a video during downtime around the house I will make sure I do something active daily.
{3} Make healthy choices in my eating. When I first started P90X I relied heavily on the nutrition plan and meal planned religiously. I will be getting back to this to make sure I am on track. 

I'll be posting my progress weekly with Katie so I can stay accountable and share my successes and frustrations along this journey!

2 comments:

  1. Your summer goals are great! I find meal planning is KEY to success- or else that scale doesn't budge. Look forward to following your journey this summer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Visiting from Work It Wednesday link up! I look forward to sharing and losing with you!

    ReplyDelete