Monday, June 22, 2015

TpT Seller Challenge: Makeover Madness

I joined the TpT Seller Challenge hosted by  Third in Hollywood, Peppy Zesty Teacherista, Teach Create Motivate, and Sparkling in Second Grade! I have already learned SO much from these wonderful ladies and the groups that I've joined this past week!  The Teachers Pay Teachers community is such a wonderful one to be a part of. Everyone who I've talked to has been so sweet and helpful! 

http://www.thirdinhollywood.com/2015/06/tpt-seller-challenge-week-1-makeover.html


For this challenge, I decided to makeover my very first paid product - the ABC Countdown to Summer! For the last 26 days of school we do a countdown that goes along with the alphabet with a snack and activity going along with each letter. I made these posters and hand outs to go along with the countdown that we used in our school. The reason I decided to makeover this product was because it later dawned on me that, duh! Not everyone will want to or be able to do the exact same activities that we did in particular, so it would make so much more sense for this to be an editable document! It took some research on my end on how exactly to create an editable document with still maintaining the main aspects so the awesome facebook group I'm apart of lead me to this blog post
 
{click image to download}

After hours and hours of tweaking and coming up with ideas for activities and snacks for each letter, it's finally finished!! I've decided to put it up as a flash freebie until I go to bed later tonight {don't worry, I usually don't make it to bed until 11:30 or 12 lol!}. If you download it, feedback is always appreciated! Let me know what you think and I hope you enjoy the new and improved version of the ABC Countdown to Summer!!

4 comments:

  1. That update will equal more sales! Even though it's a lot of work, buyers like to have the option of editing-great makeover!
    ~Joanne
    Head Over Heels For Teaching

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! It dawned on me when it got a TON of traffic but only a few sales!

      Delete